So for the past week, my team and I have been doing non-touristy things for the most part. We have been trying to capture the "real" Dubai, (whatever that may be.) But I couldn't come all the way to Dubai and not go to the famous Atlantis Resort. There are only two Atlantis hotels in the world, one in the Bahamas, and the other one on the Palm Islands in Dubai. Being a shark lover, I had to experience their famous, "Leap Of Faith" slide in which guests slide down a steep slide that leads into a clear tube, while there are hundreds of sharks swimming underneath. You definitely need to be brave to handle that one. If you are afraid of heights, or sharks, there is another amazing slide in which you can go down a dark tunnel and then arrive in the center of thier aquarium when reaching the bottom. Surrounded by glass walls, you can clearly see the fish and other sea creatures swimming around you on all four sides. Hard to explain, but pretty amazing. Aside from the water park, the Atlantis is an impressive resort. The hotel itself is beautiful and the staff is very kind. They even have their own private beach for guests! Even if you aren't into tourist attractions, this is definitely worth a visit.
I've posted a few pics...enjoy! =)
No comments:
Post a Comment